Application for Entertainment Work Permit for Minor

The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement has updated the Application for Entertainment Work Permit form.

Sign up today to receive our free youth audition email newsletter to learn more about our Bay Area youth theater and movie auditions, workshops and classes.

In addition to minor areas of clarification, the changes will affect those who apply for a permit when school is not in session.  In the past, Applications for Entertainment Work Permits which were submitted during periods when school was not in session, without a completed school record, would be renewed only for the period of time that school was not in session based on the most recent report card.

Now when an Application for an Entertainment Work Permit is submitted with the most recent report card, when school is not in session, the Entertainment Work Permit will be issued for the full 6 months.

The Labor Commissioner believes this will assist parents and guardians wishing to comply with child labor laws, without jeopardizing in any way the welfare of minors wishing to work in the entertainment industry.